Over the course of losing and keeping off 145lbs I have learned quite a bit about what it takes to make weight loss not only possible, but also sustainable.
Here are a few proactive habits you can begin doing now to help you get and stay fit long term.
1. Cook: make most of your meals at home.
2. Grocery shop: do this weekly to make sure you always have fresh fruits and vegetables and lean proteins available.
3. Walk: Move more often throughout the day. Bonus points if you can do it outside.
4. Don’t snack: Mindless snacking makes it so easy to overeat. Aim for 3-5 meals each containing at least 25g lean protein and a fruit and/or veg at consistent meal times.
5. Found Moment Exercise: Don’t let the excuse of not having enough time stop you from doing something! A solid session of resistance training is great. But if time is limited a set of push ups or bodyweight squats sprinkled throughout the day really add up!
If you have thought about having me as your coach to support you along your own fitness journey check out the Online Fitness Coaching page on my website for more info and how to inquire about my online fitness coaching service. Receive customized activity and nutrition plans, monthly virtual calls, and weekly email check in’s.
Follow me on Instagram for more tips, free recipes, and full days of eating.